Don't miss a dive due to minor issues with your scuba diving equipment. Whether it's a missing o-ring, wetsuit tear or a broken fin strap, the PADI Equipment Specialist course teaches you to manage basic repairs and adjustments. You'll also learn more about how your gear works, making you more comfortable with it and better prepared to take care of your investment.
The Equipment Specialist course teaches you about:
- Cylinders (AL vs Steel), Cylinder Valves, Regulators (diaphragm vs piston) (1st & 2nd stages & Alternate Air Source styles), BCD's, Drysuits & Wetsuits, Computers & Gauges, Dive Knives & tools, Slates, Gear & Travel bags, Dive Flags & Floats, Underwater Lights, Underwater Cameras and so much more!
- The instructor will have a regulator for you to break down and assemble to work with during training.
- Gear care and maintenance procedures as well as scuba equipment storage recommendations.
- Common equipment problems and how to handle them.
- Equipment configuration suggestions and the latest gear.
- Designing a Spare parts kit that will work for you
Pre-Requisites & Requirements
10 years or older
PADI (Junior) Scuba Diver (or qualifying entry-level certification)
- Classroom Session
- Equipment Specialist Learning Materials
- PADI Equipment Specialist Certification Card – Valid for LIFE!
What's NOT Included
This is a classroom only course, open water dives are not required